Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Being Injured... changing directions

Being injured at work sucks.

July 11 I got hurt at work. I woke up July 12 in lots of pain, I woke up July 13, not being able to get out of bed on my own. My lower back was causing me so much pain. My neck and left shoulder hurt bad too.

So I went to a doctor that work sent me to. Some x-rays and 3 drugs later I went home. I felt better three days later. Well, my lower back pain disapperaed. I think the lower back pain was covering the pain of the shoulder area because the shoulder continued to hurt. Old injury made worse... and it keeps hanging on.

Today was the first day that I woke up that my shoulder didn't hurt. Now, it's not 100%, but it didn't hurt. I still felt tingling and a bruised feeling. Will that ever go away?

The doc wants me to do Physical Therapy and come back in 2 weeks. He said PT would call and set up some times. Yet, they haven't called to set me up with any PT yet. Two weeks are ticking away quickly.

I am thinking more and more that I have to get out of this career, move into something above this. I can't take much more pain. I can't take being injured from my work.

I am taking Physiology during the fall semester at DMACC. I am nervous because I haven't been to school in awhile and looking through the teacher's notes, it's gonna be hard. I paid for the class with money that should've been used to pay bills. I also obviously bought the teacher's notes. I have to wait to buy the books on the 19th. Class starts the 26th.

Nothing easy is worth doing. I know. Perhaps I need to look at this as something I have to do. I am going to get totally exhausted between August and December with work, school, and traveling for Alexis' cheer competitions.

I know I can do this... just wish me luck. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment