Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thinking...

I was thinking today while I was doing another project that I still haven't started the daily blog. I will start doing that. Today is the first day and I might as well just go ahead and use THIS one since... it's already started and gives some background to things. Most blogs will be personal and probably sound pretty stupid at first... but it will be an out where I can think about things.

So... to UPDATE since some of the older blogs...

Yes, I still work for the staffing company. I have worked at the following locations and still love working for them. I love the fact that I don't get drawn into all the drama anywhere. I like to learn new things from different places how to do the exact same things. I also see other things where certain places need improvment and where other places excel.

I have worked at:
Bethany Manor in Story City, IA
Perry Healthcare Center in Perry, IA
Polk City Nursing & Rehab Center in Polk City, IA
On With Life in Ankeny, IA
and Homecare company in Ames, IA

I got five new fish for my aquarium yesterday. All the others are doing great especially Elainie's goldfish. It has grown huge! Thinking of moving it to a new location since the biggest fish in the tank shouldn't be a goldfish, in my opinion.
The new fish are four red eyed tetras and one algea eater. Alexis thinks the algea eater is so cute. okay.
The tank is doing good.

I haven't taken many photos for my brother's weekly ameteaur photography postings. But I might get back into it soon.

The big question: How is my mental health?
Well, since the doc upped my med to 225mg, it got a lot better, but then it turned for the not so good. I was only able to successfully stay awake for 8 - 10 hours a day. That got me through work and then I'd get home and go right back to sleep. So, we decided to decrease it back down to 150mg. That helped a lot with the sleeping and increased energy, but I got headaches and old symptoms started back up that I feel happening and when I feel it I have been trying to control on my own. However, controling on my own got me in a huge mess before starting any meds. I have a Dr. apt. April 15, to re-evaluate. Maybe there is a lucky dose between 150 & 225?

Also with meds. I have learned to hate dealing with Insurance Companies. They love red tape and make simple things as complex as possible. Like for example, my meds. They refuse to pay for the original prescription because I was using a generic and the generic was not recognized as a drug to them. So they had the pharmacist switch it to the name brand and then decided that they wouldn't pay for it. So, it was going to be over $200. per month. But Jason's insurance company (yes, we have 2 diff companies) has a drug plan that helped pay a portion leaving us to pay "only" $116. per month. Luckily, our pharmacist caught on and said lets see it we can figure something else out. So he had Dr. T represcribe the pills into a capsule form and WAHLA! The insurance pays all but $5. STUPID! But anyway, thank you Mr. Hy-Vee Pharmcist.

My physical health? Pretty good other than an occassional spasm & slight pain in the neck. Yeah, I'm watching it. Doing exercises with it, keeping it as good as possible by watching what I am doing. Most the time it is okay and all is well.

We are painting our basement. John & Jason helped some, and I have been working on the rest. I hate painting over bricks and blocks. Doesn't coverthe best which is why it's taking so long to do. But once done, it's going to be a great place for our family to be. And hopefully it gets used!

Elainie has Prom and Graduation coming up. She got a job at Bethany Manor in Story City as a CNA. Starts soon PRN, then after school is out, she goes fulltime on the evening shift.

All for now. Until 2mro!

No comments:

Post a Comment